Source – home.solari.com – “…(I) helped the federal government implement these changes as president of Hamilton Securities Group – lead financial advisor and portfolio strategist to the FHA mortgage insurance operations. I did so until the honest officials and my company were forced out by phony scandals rigged by the Department of Justice and the […]
Earlier this month, NBC reporter and analyst William Arkin ended a 30-year career as a journalist, announcing in a “scathing letter,” Democracy Now! reports, that “he would be leaving the network. Arkin accuses “the media of warmongering while ignoring the, quote, ‘creeping fascism of homeland security.’” He does not equivocate in a follow-up interview with Amy Goodman. “The generals and the national security leadership” are also now, he says, “the commentators and the analysts who populate the news media” (Arkin himself is a former Army intelligence officer).
The problem isn’t only NBC, in his estimation, and it isn’t only supposed journalists cheerleading for war. Most of the conflicts the country is currently engaged in are un- or under-reported in major sources. His letter “applies to all of the mainstream networks, applies to CNN and Fox, as well…. We’ve just become so shallow that we’re not really able even to see the truth, which is that we’re at war right now in nine countries around the world where we’re bombing, and we hardly report any of it on a day-to-day basis.”
This isn’t the case with independent media organizations like Democracy Now!, The Intercept, or Airwars. Secular and religious refugee relief organizations like the International Rescue Committee, World Relief, or Muslim Global Relief are paying attention. Many of these organizations are non-U.S.-based or connected to the “civilian experts” Arkin says once appeared regularly in the national media and represented opposing views, “people who might be university professors or activists… or experts who were associated with think tanks.”
Airwars, affiliated with the Department of Media and Communications at Goldsmiths, University of London, has monitored conflicts around the world since 2014, with extensive coverage and records of alleged civilian deaths, military reports, and the names of victims. For a comparable U.S.-focused deep dive, see the Costs of War Project at Brown University’s Watson Institute of International & Public Affairs. The project’s website not only tracks the enormous economic costs of wars in the Middle East and Africa since 9/11; it also tracks “the human toll,” as you can see in the video below.
At the top of the post, see a map (view in a larger format here) from the Cost of War Project’s Stephanie Savell, 5W Infographics, and the Smithsonian of all the regions where the U.S. is “combatting terrorism.” While most of the media orgs and non-profits mentioned above would probably dispute the use of that term in some or all of the conflict zones, Savell sticks with the official language to describe the situation—one in which the nation “is now operating in 40 percent of the world’s nations,” as she writes at Smithsonian.com.
Maybe no one needs an editorial to imagine the enormous toll this level of military engagement has taken over the course of 17 years since the inception of the “Global War on Terror.” The map covers the past two, illustrating “80 countries, engaged through 40 U.S. military bases,” and conducting training, exercises, active combat, and air and drone strikes on six continents. The selections, writes Savell, are “conservative,” and sourced from both independent and mainstream media outlets and international government and military sources.
“The most comprehensive depiction in civilian circles of U.S. military and government antiterrorist actions overseas,” the America at War map provides information we don’t often get in our daily—or hourly, or by-the-minute—diet of news. “Contrary to what most Americans believe, the war on terror is not winding down.” It is expanding. Given the country’s history of sustained mass movements against legally suspect, grossly expensive wars with high civilian casualties, disease epidemics, starvation, and refugee crises, one would think that a sizable segment of the population would want to know what their country’s military and civilian defense contractors are doing around the world.
Disclaimer: We at Prepare for Change (PFC) bring you information that is not offered by the mainstream news, and therefore may seem controversial. The opinions, views, statements, and/or information we present are not necessarily promoted, endorsed, espoused, or agreed to by Prepare for Change, its leadership Council, members, those who work with PFC, or those who read its content. However, they are hopefully provocative. Please use discernment! Use logical thinking, your own intuition and your own connection with Source, Spirit and Natural Laws to help you determine what is true and what is not. By sharing information and seeding dialogue, it is our goal to raise consciousness and awareness of higher truths to free us from enslavement of the matrix in this material realm.
Catherine Austin Fitts: Federal Government Running Secret Open Bailout. Secret Money for Private Armies by Greg Hunter’s USAWatchdog.com (Early Sunday Release) Investment advisor and former Assistant Secretary of Housing Catherine Austin Fitts says it looks like a “global recession is coming.” Is that going to cause the debt reset we’ve been hearing about for years? Fitts says, “Make […]
Taking Politics Out of Solutions
What the Media & Congress Won’t tell You
Author: Devvy Kidd
Discounts are available for bulk orders – Please call 800-955-0116
Do You Know…?
* Do you know not a penny of your federal income tax funds a single function of the U.S. government? ‘What?’ you say. ‘How can that be?’ Where does the money go?
* Do you know the Federal Reserve isn’t federal and why it is the head of the beast for our economy?
* Do you know social security is not an insurance? What is it then?
* Obamacare is destroying the middle class. More major premium hikes are about to hit Americans while that unconstitutional behemoth has begun its final meltdown. Tens of billions of wasted dollars ó all borrowed with the debt slapped on our backs. Is there a solution or will more politics continue to destroy health care for Americans?
* More money for education! Why is that worn out slogan worthless? Why are students in this country so poorly educated? The U.S. government spends more than $600 BILLION BORROWED dollars a year on education yet a large majority of high school seniors in this country are too poorly educated for even college level reading. What is the solution?
* What do you know about those dangerous smart meters being installed on people’s homes across this country? What you don’t know is deadly for you and your family.
* The massive invasion by illegal aliens continues to loot and destroy our country. Do you know that since 9/11 more Americans have been killed and murdered by illegal aliens than were killed that horrible day? That is a fact. The real solution is right there ignored by YOUR congress critter while ten to twelve Americans die at the hands of illegals everyday.
* Why do many of us call the FDA (Federal Drug Administration) the Federal Death Administration? Most Americans have no idea how deadly the FDA is and why nothing has been done to stop them from approving drugs that kill and maim thousands of Americans before they’re pulled from the market. The answers to all those questions and so many more are in this book. This isn’t about politics, it’s about taking politics out of solutions already there.
* Devvy Kidd is an author, investigative journalist and federal whistle blower. She has appeared many thousands of times on talk radio over the past 26 years. She lives in West Texas with her two rescue dogs, Missy and Maddy.
Walter Publishing/NewsWithViews.com Books
US Vice President Threatens China With ‘All-Out Cold War’ by https://sputniknews.com/ Relations between Beijing and Washington deteriorated in late May when US President Donald Trump announced that $50 billion worth of Chinese goods would be subject to 25 percent tariffs in a bid to fix the US trade deficit with China. Since then, the two countries […]
By Jason Ditz (ANTIWAR.COM) — On Wednesday, a measure is being advanced at the behest of House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) aiming to derail House Continuing Resolution 138, a War Powers Act challenge which would force an end to the US military involvement in the Saudi-led War in Yemen. Under the War Powers Act, any individual lawmaker…